How We’re Wired:
Neurobiology and Being Human
Do you ever wish you could make more sense of how you
respond to others, to life, and to your own experiences?
“How We're Wired”
will stimulate your imagination to unleash more fulfilling
possibilities in your selfsupport + within all of your relationships.
Understanding is the first step towards what's possible. Useful,
simplified summaries of significant science that illuminate “how
we're wired”, along with experiential exercises, help you gain
embodied awareness and give you more choices around:
• the up/on and relax/down charge of our autonomic nervous system.
• what happens when we are in a dysregulated state of
overwhelm or shut down
• tools for nervous system regulation
• how social engagement influences nervous system
regulation and wellbeing
• the crucial messages of primary emotions
• how relationship patterns from early childhood
impact adult relationships and selfsupport
• the purpose of the inner critic and how to work with it
• how to be a kind, safe haven for yourself and others, even when you
“The theory you use determines what you're able to see.”
Teresa Waters, MA is a Registered Clinical Counsellor on Salt Spring Island, British Columbia. For 35 years, she has professionally supported people in growing more harmonious in body, heart, and mind.
In her clinical private practice and workshops, Teresa helps people understand and become more skilled at tuning in, being aware, and kindly responding to the messages of their emotions and nervous system.
Teresa's areas of specialization are Trauma Resolution, Grief Navigation,
and Re-patterning around Developmental Wounds. teresawaterscounsellor.com
Investment: $150 (includes snacks and tea). $140 if paid in full before Sept. 1st
To register, please email Teresa email@example.com